All are welcome to attend our meetings, held every second month at Lackagh Parish Centre.
Galway’s only dedicated genealogy group
The Western Family History Association is a genealogy group based in County Galway.
Click here to sign up for regular email updates from the Association.
The Association typically holds 5 meetings per annum, together with practical workshops and other activities throughout the year.
The Association also provides a continually expanding library of genealogical and historical books for members’ usage, which is available to members at each meeting.
Our regular meetings are held in Lackagh Parish Centre, Lackagh, Co. Galway. All lectures are open to the public, with a charge of €5 for non-members.
Our annual subscription of €20 covers admittance to all lectures and other events, in addition to supporting the work of the Association and helping to meet our costs.
Forthcoming events are displayed on the right of this page. We encourage all of those interested in family history to come along to our events and to join the Association.
Some benefits to members include:
- Learn how to trace your family history, genealogy and ancestry.
- Benefit from the experience and expertise of members ranging from beginners to those who have several years experience in tracing their family history.
- Access to the latest information presented by expert speakers.
- Discuss and exchange information and ideas which lead to new insights and perspectives on family history and genealogy.
- Join in tours to selected sites relevant to tracing family history.
- Automatic membership of the WFHA library, which contains over 300 books and CDs on related topics.
- Automatic access to the online Members’ Area, containing information, lecture slides and recordings of previous lectures.
Should you wish to become a member, you can come along to a meeting and join there, or join online via PayPal. The annual subscription currently stands at €20. The association also welcomes members from overseas, offering a reduced annual subscription.